1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
-Elvis Costello hands down. I have a shit load of his records. Fugazi’s next in line. What about artists that you have everything they ever put out, but that was only a couple of records? I think that’d be a more interesting question. I mean the biggest reason that I have 20 Elvis Costello records (aside from the ruling part) is that he’s been around for a long time.
2. What was the last song you listened to (voluntarily)?
-Shady Lane by Pavement
3. What’s on your CD player right now?
-Brighten the Corners by Pavement
4. What song would you say sums you up?
5.What’s your favorite local band?
-The Bombardment Society
6. What was the last show you attended?
-Q and Not U at sokol
7.What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
-Elvis Costello at the Midland Theater in KC. But seeing the last Murder City Devils tour with them, American Steel, and Botch was pretty cool too. Every Dillinger Four show. Every Mountain Goats show.
8. What’s the shittiest band you’ve ever seen in concert?
-The Briefs. They were this street punk looking band that persuaded a bunch of us to leave the main floor bar at Gabe’s Oasis to come watch them play. Apparently they were on tour and no one came out to see them play. Anyway, one of them introduced himself as “Billy Briefs” and let the group of people I was with into the show on their guest list. We got drunk and hooted at them a whole lot. I don’t remember much else. Usually I won’t pay attention to something that I think sucks.
Oh yeah. And I thought the Anniversary sucked when they played with Modest Mouse at Sokol a couple years back. I spent that set by the bar in the other room blowing money on drinks.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
-The Lawrence Arms. Because of the way they would act at parties in Iowa City when they played there every 3 months. And actually, I don’t really enjoy that band so much anymore either. But seriously those guys are douche bags.
10. What’s the most musically involved you have been?
-I like to tell people that I played Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof. But I didn’t.
11. What show are you looking forward to?
-Nothing currently. That makes me sad.
12.What is your favorite band t-shirt?
-Hmmm. I dunno. I don’t really wear band shirts that much anymore. I like my Sebadoh t-shirt that I bought in august.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
-One of those Divas I’ve been hearing about so much.
14. What musician would you like to hump for a day?
-I’m starting to doubt the credibility of this quiz. I wish I wasn’t so bored.
15. Metal question – jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?
-“She said it looks like a binge, she said it feels like a blast. I woke up in the grass with the assless chaps.” -Lifter Puller
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
-Sabbath I guess. But mostly just War Pigs.
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
-No thanks, I had a big lunch.
18. Blackjack or solo Michael Bolton?
-I like whiskey straight up most of the time.
19. Does Primus suck?
-No. They’re pretty good actually. My old room mate successfully showed me that.
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
-No, it makes me a fucking idiot.
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
-Depends on the genre.
23.How many music related videos/DVDs do you own?
-three or four. I could get up and look but this is a half assed committment to this stupid survey.
24. Do you like Journey?
-I have nothing against Journey.
25. Don’t try to pretend you don’t!
-There’s much worse bands.
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
-right now the Lost In Translation and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtracks have been getting a lot of play from my stereo.